Thursday 15 March 2012

THE ACTUAL SIN




His eyes were dry
 and his face like a morning flower, which was yet to bloom
Like a snail he crawled
His entangled legs seemed be fooled
He didn’t want but could not stay
 His heart had a sea of words
 But not a word he could say

The bright sunshine could not compel him to blink,
The fluttering butterflies could not snatch his attention
 Even the color soaked kites in the sky could not for him to admire them.
The fragrance of fresh crêpes could not change the path he walked
His direction was determined and he walked along the tall trees that seemed to pluck balls of cotton from the sky.

Finally his feet came to rest and he raised his head to see a white church amidst the busy market
He stepped into the chapel and looked around. A tear dropped on his polished shoes. His heart melted like the candles that burned in the glory of Lord Jesus
He seeked the blessings from Jesus and turned towards the confession box.
 His heart had locked in a sin, a sin he could not forgive himself for. He dragged himself into the close both. It took him a great effort to unseal his lips that stuck together because they were too dry and in a shaky voice he spoke –

“ It is not a murder Nor a robbery, for which I am here to confess
It is worse. It is darker. It is unforgivable.
It is something that eats me inside. It is something that hollows the emotion of love.
I have committed a sin, for which no punishment is severe I have committed a sin for which no confession can cover up.”

 But son, what sin have you committed? -Echoed a fragile voice from the other side.




“The sin of BETRAYAL- the actual sin.
   I stood in the witness box, and in the witness box just in front of me stood the accused-my dear friend  The prosecutor questioned me while my friend’s yearning eyes dripped hope. I glanced at the public and other witnesses present in the court.  A man in the jet black suit signaled me. I crossed my heart and declared:

Yes my eyes saw my friend murder the victim at the party last night, who fell from the roof
A friend accusing a friend is more than any evidence or proof
 He is a devil. He is a murderer.
This is all I have got to say
 Punish him, so that justice may prevail."

  I lied! I lied oh Father! My friend is innocent but my job was at stake. My boss pushed that girl at the annual bank party But he stuffed my mouth with the fear of loosing of loosing my job and lured me by tempting me for money and promotion. Today my friend is behind the bars because I betrayed him Today he is considered guilty because I lied !  My tongue shivers when I call myself his friend because I am no friend of his.  I am a traitor, a betrayer, a deserter. I must be hanged, I shall not live

The next thing father could recollect was a loud shout. He rushed to the other side of the confession box to see a dead body He had killed himself. he could not live with the guilt of committing the actual sin – Betrayal.

26 comments:

  1. awsum..its actually d biggest sin..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you are a great writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. the journey of the man was so nicely described. however the ending could have been more appealing
    but it is not bad.
    keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh ! I will try to come up with a more effective ending the next time. A couple of my friends also did not like the concept of ' betrayal' as the actual sin!
      thank you for the feed back!

      Delete
  4. I don't know why some readers are not fascinated about betrayal being the actual sin. according to me IT IS!
    Ten on ten for the concept and writing from me !

    by the way I must tell you writers point is the only blog I read, and i love it but please keep updating it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAYYYYY ! you made my day !!!


      Happiest today :D

      Delete
  5. Betrayal is the most fatal sin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveeee itt !!!!
    read it 3 times
    so filling :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is ACTUALLY great :')

    ReplyDelete